FMH*, Specialist in Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery
Senior physician at the Geneva University Hospital
Born in Brussels. B. Elias was admitted in 1991 at the Catholic University of Louvain in Belgium where he did all his medical school and gratuated with magna cum laude.
Education & licensure
- Following a speciality university exam, he was ranked number one and obtains 6 years of training in Plastic Surgery. He did his residency at Brussels University Hospitals Saint-Luc and Geneva University Hospitals. He gratuated as Specialist in Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery in Belgium.
- He was nominated senior physician at Geneva University Hospitals in Septembre 2004 and stayed there until January 2008. Starting January 2008, he opened his private office in Geneva, taking the place of the first plastic surgeon of Geneva Professor Denys Montandon who got retired. Dr Elias opened at the same time another office at Clinique de Genolier.
- Dr Elias is responsible of giving university courses to medical students. He also teaches residents in plastic surgery different type of aesthetic surgery and microsurgery procedures in Geneva, aesthetic surgery of the face (facelift, rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty) and also aesthetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast. In reconstructive surgery, Geneva University Hospitals were the first university center in Switzerland to perform microsurgery to reconstruct a breast with autologous tissue (reconstructing the breast from the abdomen of the patient (Fat and skin). Dr Elias teaches this meticulous technic.
- He created the lipodystrophy group with the dermatologist and the infectiologist of Geneva University Hospital. He's in charge of treating the patients who develop lipodystrophy following treatment with Hiv therapy. He's consultant for vascular maformations at Geneva Univesity Hospitals.
- Since 2002, Dr Elias is attenting each year the Aesthetic Surgery of the Aging Face Symposium at Manhattan Ear Eye and Throat Hospital in New York.
- Dr Elias is a member of the Belgian and the Swiss Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery Surgery. He is also a member of Geneva Medical Associations. He is an international member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Publications & media
- He presented numerous scientific papers in meetings including the Congress of the Belgian, French and Swiss Societies of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
- Finally, he has published in many international journals including "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal" and "Obesity Surgery".
- AESTHETIC SURGERY
- surgical facial rejuvenation (facelift, lipofilling)
- surgical eyelid rejuvenation (blepharoplasty)
- breast surgery (augmentation, reduction, breast-lift and gynecomastia)
- liposuction (panty, thighs, flanks, abdomen, knees, ankles)
- ears surgery
- scars (keloids or post traumatic) …
- AESTHETIC MEDICINE
- injections of botulinum toxine and fillers (hyaluronic acid)
- skin abrasions
- peels chemical (TCA)
- RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
- rhinoplasty post-traumatic
- breast reconstruction after mastectomy
- surgery for inverted nipples
- reconstruction of deformed breasts
- scars (keloids or post-traumatic)
- excision of lipoma or cyst
- reconstruction after excision of skin cancer (melanoma)
- excision of moles
- French, English, Arabic